We are FLSmidth A/S. You can find out how to contact us in Section 9 below.
In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process
personal information about you. Personal information includes any
information allowing us to identify you as an individual, for example,
your name, your email address or your telephone number.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This document tells you:
• what personal information we collect;
• why we collect this information;
• how we will use it;
• how long we will keep it;
• who else will see it;
• how you can contact us;
• your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold, including your rights to change, delete and see your information.
When using our website we will also place cookies on your device - please see our Cookies page for more information about the cookies we use and how you can change your cookie settings.
We collect the following types of information:
(a) Information we collect when you register with us
When you register with us, we may ask you for a number of pieces of information including:
• your name;
• your postal address;
• your email address;
• your telephone number;
• your profession;
• a password - please keep this safe;
(b) Information we collect about how you use our website and apps
When you shop with us, browse our websites or other organisations' websites where our adverts are shown we will collect:
• cookies and information about your online browsing and purchasing behaviour and history on our websites and apps, your location, your product selection, and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations' websites);
• details of your purchases with or through us;
• information about your preferences in connection with our website for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience;
When you place an order online or through our contact center, we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information. When you want to place an order via the website, we ask you to login or register so you can open a customer profile and upload and save images, save your browsing information and your preferences and retrieve them from any of your devices.
We have set out below the purposes for which we use your personal information. We are also required by law to state a "legal basis for processing", i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information, and this is also set out below. The legal basis for each purpose is that we have your consent for the use of your personal information, or that we need to use your personal information in order to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are).
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
Our legal basis
communicate with you about your order for a service or a product;
Contractual necessity - we use your personal information in order to meet our obligations under our contract with you (for example, to deliver a product you have ordered).
notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you. For example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to keep you up to date with information about our services, and to respond to your queries.
review your past purchases;
Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to provide you with these offers and to tailor your experience when using our online services.
provide, enhance and personalise your experience on our digital services provided from our web
Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to deliver you a tailored experience when using our digital services.
address any claims made against us;
Legitimate interests - we use your personal information to address any claims you make against us. In some cases, we may also be under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information (for example, in connection with legal proceedings).
We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may share your personal information with other members of FLSmidth in
connection with the purposes above and those listed below. Members of
FLSmidth may also use the personal information we share with them to
improve their websites and other digital services and for analysis
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
• We use third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf that involve the processing of personal information. These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
• We may share anonymous or aggregate data (such as aggregated statistics or other anonymised data) with third parties.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed
in, one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA),
including countries which do not provide equivalent protection for
personal information. In these circumstances, we will take reasonable
steps and implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal
information is adequately protected in accordance with the law.
These measures generally include either:
• Transferring personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission; or
• Transferring personal information where the recipient has agreed to a European Commission approved data transfer agreement in the form of the standard contractual clauses.
• Occasionally, we may transfer your personal information in circumstances where there are no adequate safeguards where this is permitted by data protection law.
Please contact us using the details below if you want further information on the specific safeguards used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
You have the right to ask us to:
• Confirm what personal information we hold about you and provide you with a copy of that data;
• Correct any personal information that is inaccurate;
• Remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to hold that data;
• Temporarily stop using your information if you are questioning our right to use that data;
• Stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to hold that data e.g. to support a product warranty;
• Stop using your personal information to send you marketing materials such as our catalogue, marketing email, discounts or vouchers.
• Provide you with the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly-used electronic format, or transmit that information directly to another company if that is technically feasible. This applies where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent or because it is necessary to perform a contract with you (see How do we use your personal information, above).
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose your personal information to you or comply with other requests.
We want to make sure that the personal information we hold about you and your preferences as to how we contact you are accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know (details below) and we will amend them.
To make a complaint to the national data protection authority about our processing of your personal data, submit it to:
Danish Data Protection Agency
Borgergade 28, 5th Floor
1300 Copenhagen K
To update your details or ask for a copy of your personal information,
Vice President, FLSmidth
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure;
this risk is common across the internet and not specific to our services.
We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal
information) transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computing device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place such as a library or internet cafe.
We may update this notice from time to time. The latest version of this notice will be posted on our website.